These experiences taught me how to quickly establish rapport and credibility through direct, respectful communication. After I left clinical medicine, I spent six years working as a coach and consultant in large healthcare systems and global high tech organizations including several Fortune 500 companies. Through these experiences, I grew a firsthand appreciation for complex organizations undergoing rapid change. From there I narrowed my practice to healthcare where my passion lies.
My unique background has proven to be a tremendous asset. The ability to establish rapport and credibility when I perform Interview 360s, deliver tough feedback, and coach physicians and other healthcare executives is indispensable. And my ability to grasp the complexities of the rapidly changing healthcare environment has served my clients well.
Highlights of my education and credentials include:
• Board Certified Coach, concentration in Leadership and Executive Coaching
• Certified Physician Development CoachTM
• Master of Science in Management, Center for Creative Change, Antioch University
• Certification, American Board of Anesthesiology
• Residency in Anesthesiology, University of Arizona, Health Sciences Center
• Doctor of Medicine, with honors (Alpha Omega Alpha), Wake Forest University
• BA (biology), with honors (Gamma Sigma Society), Converse College
I’m a 30+ year resident of the Pacific Northwest and have three grown children. When I’m not working with my clients or speaking about emotional intelligence and leadership effectiveness, you’re likely to find me hiking, cooking, painting, or playing with my dog, Tucker.